Auburndale Termite Control
Protecting Your Property in Lakeland
It is no secret bugs are part of life in Florida. However, when the problem is termites, the insects are more than a nuisance. Termites can cause significant and costly structural damage to homes and commercial properties. The National Pest Management Association reports that subterranean termites cause more than $5 billion in property damage each year, which is more than fires, floods, and hurricanes combined. Country Boy Pest Control LLC. offers termite control in Auburndale and Lakeland to get rid of termites and prevent further damage.
If you think you may have termites, call (863) 356-1616 for a professional inspection.
The first step in effective termite control is to identify the specific type of termites that have invaded your home. There are many types of termites that live in Florida, but our Auburndale termite control technicians are experts at finding them and identifying the species to determine the most effective solution.
Florida is home to many termite species, including:
Eastern subterranean termites
Florida dampwood termites
Formosan subterranean termites
Each type of termite is unique. For example, subterranean termites live underground and have colonies in the soil, entering your home through mud tubes that they construct. Drywood termites live in wood. Knowing where to look and how to accurately identify termites is essential, so always choose experienced professionals to handle the job.
3 Signs You Have Termites
Termites are able to live inside of your home or property for a long time without ever raising any suspicions. These discreet intruders are tough to find until the damage has been done. In order to avoid that damage, we have provided 3 warning signs to be on the look out for to catch these pesky pests as soon as possible!
- Mud Tubes - With Subterranean termites, they build mud tubes, which are bridges for them to cross from their colony to the wood that they are working on consuming. If you notice any of their mud tubes, it may be time to contact us.
- Termite Droppings - When termites consume wood, they will leave behind what is called, "Frass". They will often leave tiny mounds near where they are eating the wood. If you notice sawdust looking mounds, chances are you have a termite problem.
- Chewing Noises - While termites are eating your home's wood, you may hear within the walls a quiet clicking noise. These are the termites banging their head against the wood to alert other nearby termites of danger. If you are noticing these odd noises, give us a call to come and inspect your home.
Professional Termite Inspections
There are many misconceptions regarding termites and termite infestations. For example, many people mistakenly believe that termites are only active in the spring since that is the season when swarms occur. However, termites are actually active all year long and can continuously be causing property damage without you knowing they are around. Becoming familiar with the signs of a termite problem can help you avoid expensive property damage.
Some signs of termites include:
- Finding discarded wings on windowsills, floors, and countertops
- A hollow sound when tapping on wood
- Mud tubes on the exterior walls of your home
- Frass, or termite droppings that have a wood color
- Distorted or cracked paint on wood surfaces
Inspecting for termites is a job that is best suited for state-certified, licensed, insured, and trained professionals. Our technicians will visually inspect the interior and exterior of your home, including the attic and crawlspace to find evidence of termite activity. In addition, we check freestanding structures on your property, such as garages, sheds, and docks. We recommend an annual termite inspection to protect your home and surrounding structures. Read our reviews and see what others are talking about.
Efficient & Reliable Termite Control
At Country Boy Pest Control, we utilize the best products for termite control in Auburndale. We are trained, experienced, and authorized in Termidor application and advanced termite bait systems for subterranean termites. If you have an infestation, this product offers excellent results. When there are no active termites, Termidor will help prevent them from getting comfortable in your home.
We understand the stress of thinking termites are damaging the structural integrity of your home. We are often able to provide same-day appointments for a termite inspection and free estimate for the cost of treatment to get rid of them and keep them away. In addition to termite control, our rodent control services are comprehensive as well as professional.
Please contact us today for fast and friendly termite control service.